Our first guest on the Cold War series is Doug La Follette, Secretary of State of Wisconsin!
Here’s some background.
– Doug is the Secretary of State of Wisconsin a position to which he was first elected in 1974!
– And he’s been the SoS pretty much ever since then, with a short break for a few years in the late 70s.
– Doug’s a member of the La Follette political dynasty.
– He has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Marietta College, a Master of Science in chemistry from Stanford University, and a Ph.D. in organic chemistry from Columbia University.
– Doug was known as an environmentalist before running for public office, and was an organizer of the first Earth Day in 1970.
– He is the author of the book The Survival Handbook: A Strategy for Saving Planet Earth.
– He has also served on the board of directors of Friends of the Earth and the Union of Concerned Scientists and the Sierra Club.
– And he was a Fulbright Distinguished American Scholar in 2003.
– And finally – he’s a very old friend of Sir J. David Markham.
HOW TO LISTEN
If you’re already a subscriber, you can listen to the full show in the player below or subscribe through iTunes or any podcast player.
If you haven’t heard any of the series and want to know if you’ll like it before you sign up, you can listen to the first six episodes totally free and the first 20 minutes of our premium episodes using the player above. You might want to start with Episode 1, unless of course you’re an old school George Lucas fan, in which case feel free to start at Episode IV. We don’t recommend it though.Sign Up or Login to listen to our premium episodes
If you haven’t already, join our Facebook page and you’ll be in the running to win prizes in our regular “Share The Love” and other competitions.
If you’d like a chance to win a prize, write a funny or insightful review on iTunes.
Want to leave us a short voicemail that we might (or might not) play on the show?
The Music: We want to get down on our knees and worship the amazing and talented composer who offered us the use of one of his amazing tracks, “Resistance”, as our theme music: Jofre Horta. He’s already a big deal in the composing world but he’s going to be even bigger – and you can say you heard him first on our little show! Listen to his whole album on Spotify or iTunes.